As California’s premier executive search firm, Leadership Associates has assisted school boards in their selection of superintendents in more than 350 California school districts and organizations since 1996. We have also assisted other educational organizations in the selection of their executive leaders.
Selecting your new superintendent, your CEO, is the most important decision you will make. Our firm has the experience and expertise to help you make the right decision for your students, district and community.
The process we use produces consistently positive outcomes for the Board, staff and community. The districts and organizations we have served range from small elementary to large unified districts and other educational and non-profit organizations.
We are proud of the fact that school boards are highly satisfied with our assistance in finding quality candidates from which to select. We work for the Board of Trustees. The Board is in charge of the process and the selection. The search process is an opportunity for the Board to solidify their own teamwork and set the direction for the future.
Boards of Trustees select our firm for many reasons, including our record of success, our experience & skill, our network, and our integrity.
As life-long California educators, we:
- Are dedicated to public education
- Know what it takes to be a successful superintendent
- Know the field of current and potential superintendents
- Are former superintendents of districts from very small to very large
- Have connections with leaders throughout the state and country – critical for recruiting and reference checking
- Participate actively in leadership organizations throughout the state and nation
- Live in various parts of California
- Take only the number of searches we can do well
- Charge one all-inclusive price
- Are organized and have excellent follow-through
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the Board
- Have a proven track record!